In order for you to do your student observations and student teaching, we will need the following information:
1. Written documentation on college letterhead stating that you need to do observations/student teaching. Please include your choice of: school, grade, and subject (if applicable).
2. Your contact information as well as your availability. For example, you are available: MWF from 9 am to 12 noon.
3. You will need to complete a criminal background check. Please click here
for the CORI form.
4. You will need to complete Fingerprinting. Please click here
for the Fingerprinting information.
5. Once you have passed the CORI check, your request will then be reviewed and approved by the Assistant
Superintendent, and then forwarded to the appropriate school.
6. You will be contacted by the school directly for a brief meeting before placement. This is to ensure a perfect match between you and the supervising teacher.
7. You will be notified about the status of your placement.Please note:
You will only be able to begin your observations/student teaching once you have cleared a CORI and fingerprint check, as well as, had your placement approved at both the district and school level