News/Updates will be added as new information is received, check back often to see new information!
Last Updated March 31st
Students in the Class of 2023 should be logging into Naviance at a minimum of once per week to see if they are eligible to apply for scholarships. Ideally we would like students in the Class of 2023 to check daily for scholarships! All students have a Naviance username and password. Scholarships are updated often! Please see Mrs. Peach with any questions.
Class of 2023
Senior Assembly held on March 27th
All students in the Class of 2023 had a senior assembly during PASE. Students had the presentation shared through the Google Classroom as well as an Aspen email to their DHS email. The presentation included important dates and expectations. All students in the Class of 2023 should submit the Google Form titled Class of 2023 Postsecondary Plans/Acceptance Board as soon as possible.
Videos are able to be viewed if you go to Screencastify Videos on the School Counseling Page
* Video on how to complete course selection in Aspen
* Video on how to set up parent notifications in Aspen and check for published reports (Progress and Report Cards)
Prom Attire Support
Prom Pop-Up - Saturday, April 1st from 9AM-12PM
Wesport Middle High School 400 Old County Road
- Any local students that need a dress or suit may attend.
- Please bring your school ID with you.
Miss Louise Prom Closet and Special Occasions Rental
47 Broad Street, Bridgewater MA
Incoming Student Information
No information at this time.
Flying Starlings - flyingstarlings.com
ART WELLNESS + NATURE
For Families + Children
PROGRAMS - WORKSHOPS - CLUBS - VOLUNTEERING - COMMUNITY
HOMESCHOOLERS - AFTER SCHOOL - PARENT SUPPORT
1279 Reed Road, Dartmouth MA 508-961-8018
Child & Family Services
Open Access - Screening and intake center
Service Options: Screening & Intake Assessments, Family Partner, Mental Health & Substance Use Counseling, Group Services, Case Management & Care Coordination Services
Telehealth options are available
New Bedford: Referral Line 508-742-1611 Main Line: 508-996-8572
Free/Reduced Lunch Application
Parents/ guardians are encouraged to complete the free/reduced lunch application for their child. If your application is approved for free or reduced lunch, this could potentially qualify your child for additional fee waivers for ACT exams, SAT exams, Advanced Placement exams, College Application Fee waivers. To complete the Free/Reduced Lunch Application Click here!
- The entire process will take 15-30 minutes, depending on the size of your household.
What you will need to provide during the application process:
- The names and incomes of every member of your household
- The school, grade, birthdate of every student in your household
- Your social security number and electronic signature
- (Optional) A valid email address or phone number for district communication about the status of the application.
Dual Enrollment Updates
None at this time
Boston University - Is hosting a special Spring Visit Day for sophomores and juniors and their families to learn more about Boston University. During the event students will learn more about the admissions process and financial assistance, eat lunch in a dining hall, and meet our students! There will also be a remote opportunity for students and their families with Virtual Preview Day. This will feature a student panel, a live guided tour and an admissions presentation.
Spring Visit Day
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
10:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Eastern Time
George Sherman Union | Charles River Campus
775 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215
Virtual Preview Day
Saturday, April 29, 2023
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Takes place over Zoom
Please note that all students who plan to attend should RSVP for Spring Visit Day or Virtual Preview Day on their website.
UMass Lowell Link to Register to attend!
Junior Preview Day. On Saturday, April 29 at 9 a.m., you will be able to learn everything they need to know about the college search process and UMass Lowell.
During this event, you will have the chance to:
- Chat with admissions representatives one-on-one and get tips about applying
- Hear about their majors from the associate deans of our colleges
- Learn more about co-ops, internships and opportunities for career-connected work
- Explore financial aid options
- Tour our campus and residence halls
MCLA - Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
MCLA will launch a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program for the fall 2023 semester!
We are currently recruiting our inaugural four-year BSN class, with an anticipated May 2027 graduation. At the conclusion of the program, students will be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and be prepared and eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).
In addition, three new scholarships ranging from $2,500 to $5,000 per year are available to qualified applicants pursuing bachelor of nursing degrees at the College.
Rensselaer has renewed the test-optional admissions policy for another year. Any student who applies to attend Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute as an undergraduate in the fall of 2024 will be able to choose whether or not to submit SAT or ACT scores. Students applying to the Physician-Scientist Program (in conjunction with Albany Medical College) will be required to submit the appropriate testing.
The suspension of the requirement for applicants to submit SAT or ACT test results will be revisited in one year, at which time Rensselaer officials will determine whether or not the test-optional policy will extend to students applying as undergraduates in the fall of 2025 and beyond.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact them: firstname.lastname@example.org
None at this time
MEFA (Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority) UpdatesAs Grade 12 families anticipate sending a child to college this fall, we recommend two of our online tools designed to help them make a plan to pay for college costs:
Should families have questions as they explore these tools, encourage them to reach out to a MEFA college planning expert at (800) 449-MEFA (6332) or email@example.com.
- Our College Cost Calculator allows families to compare colleges by recording the financial aid received from each school and viewing the resulting net price
- Our Student Loan Payment Calculator displays the monthly loan payment and total loan cost (based on the amount families plan to borrow) for each MEFA Loan repayment type
Financial Aid 101 webinars - Families can view webinar dates and times and register at Click to register. Webinars will be recorded and posted online for families who are unable to attend a live event.
MEFA Events - free informative webinars and virtual community events on a range of topics. Click to view events!
- Our Understanding the FAFSA webinar for families walks through the application page by page, and includes general tips and helpful resources
- FAFSA Day Massachusetts is offering virtual events from November to February that allow families to meet with a financial aid expert and get FAFSA help
- Our family webinar, What to Know about the CSS Profile, gives guidance specific to the application required by roughly 200 colleges and universities
- Reporting Income on Financial Aid Applications and Defining Assets on Financial Aid Applications help students and families answer questions on the FAFSA and CSS Profile accurately
If your families aren’t yet signed up for MEFA emails, encourage them to do so. Our content is modified based on the ages of the children in the family, and contains key tips, news, and resources on all aspects of college planning. Parents won’t want to miss our timely and informative updates. Click link to register!
None at this time
Social/Emotional Support Information
Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line
The Help Line is part of the Commonwealth’s “front door” approach to behavioral health access. Its goal is to make behavioral health concerns as much a priority as physical health. It connects callers to the full range of treatment services for mental health and addiction support through the Commonwealth, regardless of insurance. Representatives will offer support in real time with immediate crisis intervention, urgent, and routine needs. The Help Line is available 24/7/365 in 200+ languages.
Balanced Learning Center (Fall River)
Part of the mission at Balanced Learning Center is to make services accessible for everyone- which involves providing low-cost services and supports to our community. From our comprehensive LGBTQ+ support through our Joanie's Place program to our various social empowerment and play-based groups, we make sure there's a place for everyone.
Click to view webpage that list free groups!
Dartmouth High School Social Workers - 508-961-2700 and ask to be connected to your child's social worker
- Contact one of the social workers for social/emotional support for your child while in school
- Help families with outside of school resources
- Connect Dartmouth families with the Youth Advocate (if needed)
Dartmouth Youth Advocate - Deloris Joseph 508-910-1851
Military Service Branches Updates
None at this time