News/Updates will be added as new information is received, check back often to see new information!
Last Updated 9/27/2023
Resources from School Counselors and School Social Workers
- Google Sites developed and designed by Dartmouth High School Counselors
- Padlet full of resources from school social workers
MEFA - What You Need to Know about the New FAFSA Click to read article!
- The new FAFSA will be available in December 2023, will require each contributor to complete their own section, will require an FSA ID to be created ahead of time, will use new terminology, and more.
- The FAFSA is getting an overhaul. Starting with the 2024-25 iteration, the primary application for college financial aid will have new questions, new rules, and new terminology. This is all thanks to the FAFSA Simplification Act, which aims to make the application simpler for the millions of students who submit it every year. Here's what you need to know about how the form is changing.
The Common App: Everything You Need to Know Click to read article!
College Applications are complicated - take a breath Click to read article
How to Answer 5 Common Supplemental College Essay Prompts Click to read article
Newport County College Fair at Tiveton High School - October 5th 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Click to go to Tiverton High School College Fair Information!
- Albertus Magnus College
- American International College
- Anna Maria College
- Assumption University
- Bridgewater State University
- Bristol Community College
- Bryant University
- Clarkson University
- College of Holy Cross
- Community College of RI
- Connecticut College
- Curry College
- Dean College
- Eastern Connecticut State University
- Emerson College
- Emmanuel College
- Endicott College
- Fitchburg State University
- Franklin Pierce University
- Hofstra University
- IYRS School of Technology & Trade
- Johnson and Wales University
- Keene State College
- Lasell University
- Lesley University
- Maine College of Art & Design
- Maine Maritime Academy
- MaryMount Manhattan College
- Merrimack College
- Mitchell College
- Mount St.Charles
- New England College
- Northeast Maritime Institute
- Plymouth State University
- Providence College
- Rhode Island College
- Roger Williams University
- Roger Williams University College
- Sacred Heart University
- Salve Regina University
- Simmons University
- Southern Connecticut University
- Springfield College
- Stonehill College
- Suffolk University
- Tiverton Police
- UMass Boston
- UMass Lowell
- University of Maine Orono
- University of Maine Farmington
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of New England
- University of New Hampshire
- University of New Haven
- University of Oregon
- University of Rhode Island
- University of Saint Joseph
- University of Southern Maine
- US Army
- US Naval Academy
- Vermont State University
- University of Vermont
- Wagner College
- Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Western New England University
- Westfield State University
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- We held our College Fair on Tuesday, September 26th. We had over 70 colleges attend, as well as various branches of the military. Below is a list of some of the colleges that will be attending. All juniors and seniors were invited to attend!
Air National Guard Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Anna Maria College Assumption University Bridgewater State University Bristol Community College Bryant University College of the Holy Cross Curry College Dean College Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach Emerson College Emmanuel College Endicott College Fitchburg State University Florida Institute of Technology Florida Southern College Framingham State University Franklin Pierce University Hult International Business School Husson University Job Corps New Bedford Johnson & Wales University-Providence Keene State College Lasell University Lawrence University Lesley University Lincoln Technical Institute-East Windsor Massachusetts College of Art and Design Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Massachusetts Maritime Academy Merrimack College Mitchell College New England Institute of Technology Nichols College Northeast Maritime Institute Nova Southeastern University Plymouth State University Providence College Rhode Island College Rivier University Roger Williams University Rutgers University-New Brunswick Sacred Heart University Saint Anselm College Salem State University Salve Regina University Savannah College of Art & Design - SCAD Simmons University Southern New Hampshire University Sterling College Stonehill College Suffolk University U.S. Air Force U.S. Army U.S. Marine Corps U.S. National Guard United States Naval Academy University of Connecticut University of Maine at Farmington University of Massachusetts-Amherst University of Massachusetts-Boston University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth University of Massachusetts-Lowell University of New England University of New Hampshire-Main Campus University of New Haven University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus University of Rhode Island University of Southern Maine Washington & Jefferson College Wentworth Institute of Technology Western New England University Westfield State University Wheaton College - Massachusetts Worcester Polytechnic Institute
MEFA (Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority) UpdatesAs Grade 12 families anticipate sending a child to college this fall, we recommend two of our online tools designed to help them make a plan to pay for college costs:
Should families have questions as they explore these tools, encourage them to reach out to a MEFA college planning expert at (800) 449-MEFA (6332) or email@example.com.
- Our College Cost Calculator allows families to compare colleges by recording the financial aid received from each school and viewing the resulting net price
- Our Student Loan Payment Calculator displays the monthly loan payment and total loan cost (based on the amount families plan to borrow) for each MEFA Loan repayment type
MEFA Events - free informative webinars and virtual community events on a range of topics. Click to view events!
- Financial Aid 101 webinars - Families can view webinar dates and times and register at Click to register. Webinars will be recorded and posted online for families who are unable to attend a live event.
- Our Understanding the FAFSA webinar for families walks through the application page by page, and includes general tips and helpful resources
- FAFSA Day Massachusetts is offering virtual events from November to February that allow families to meet with a financial aid expert and get FAFSA help
- Our family webinar, What to Know about the CSS Profile, gives guidance specific to the application required by roughly 200 colleges and universities
- Reporting Income on Financial Aid Applications and Defining Assets on Financial Aid Applications help students and families answer questions on the FAFSA and CSS Profile accurately
If your families aren’t yet signed up for MEFA emails, encourage them to do so. Our content is modified based on the ages of the children in the family, and contains key tips, news, and resources on all aspects of college planning. Parents won’t want to miss our timely and informative updates. Click link to register!
MEFA Events - offer free informative webinars and virtual community events on a range of topics. To register for an upcoming webinar, click link to go to MEFA Events Page
- Saving for College
- Financial Planning with ABLE Accounts: Fall 2023
- What to Know about the CSS Profile
- Financial Aid 101
- How to Create Your FSA ID
- Ask An Expert All Your CSS Profile Questions
- Attainable Savings Plan Overview
- Understanding the FAFSA
- College Admissions
- Learn about Tuition Break, a Program That Can Help You Lower College Costs
Child & Family Services
Open Access - Screening and intake center
Service Options: Screening & Intake Assessments, Family Partner, Mental Health & Substance Use Counseling, Group Services, Case Management & Care Coordination Services
Telehealth options are available
New Bedford: Referral Line 508-742-1611 Main Line: 508-996-8572
Free/Reduced Lunch Application
Parents/ guardians are encouraged to complete the free/reduced lunch application for their child. If your application is approved for free or reduced lunch, this could potentially qualify your child for additional fee waivers for ACT exams, SAT exams, Advanced Placement exams, College Application Fee waivers. To complete the Free/Reduced Lunch Application Click here!
- The entire process will take 15-30 minutes, depending on the size of your household.
New England Board of Higher Education - tuition break -
- Over 300 new academic programs have been added to Tuition Break, New England's Regional Student Program. With these additions, over 2,700 majors are available at reduced tuition for students enrolling in New England's public colleges and universities in Fall 2024. Click link to explore Tuition Break Program Search
Social/Emotional Support Information
Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line
The Help Line is part of the Commonwealth’s “front door” approach to behavioral health access. Its goal is to make behavioral health concerns as much a priority as physical health. It connects callers to the full range of treatment services for mental health and addiction support through the Commonwealth, regardless of insurance. Representatives will offer support in real time with immediate crisis intervention, urgent, and routine needs. The Help Line is available 24/7/365 in 200+ languages.
Balanced Learning Center (Fall River)
Part of the mission at Balanced Learning Center is to make services accessible for everyone- which involves providing low-cost services and supports to our community. From our comprehensive LGBTQ+ support through our Joanie's Place program to our various social empowerment and play-based groups, we make sure there's a place for everyone.
Dartmouth High School Social Workers - 508-961-2700 and ask to be connected to your child's social worker
- Contact one of the social workers for social/emotional support for your child while in school
- Help families with outside of school resources
- Connect Dartmouth families with the Youth Advocate (if needed)
Dartmouth Youth Advocate - Deloris Joseph 508-910-1851