As a parent/guardian, you have the option of homeschooling your child. If you choose to homeschool your child, please follow this procedure:
Please note that we do not supply textbooks or materials for homeschooling.
- All requests must be made in writing to the Assistant Superintendent prior to the start of the school year on an annual basis. If you opt to homeschool your child during the school year, you will still need to put your request in writing prior to initiating the program.
- All requests must include the parent/guardian's name, address, and telphone number. It also needs to include each child's name, date of birth, and grade level. If your child receives any services, please include that information in the letter. We want to make sure that these services are still being met.
- New requests will need to have a brief statement regarding the parent/guardian's qualifications. For example, high school diploma, college degree, etc. This is strictly for informational purposes only.
- The request needs to include an academic plan for each child.
- The Assistant Superintendent will review each homeschool request, and will notify parents/guardians and the district school in writing with their status.
Parents/guardians can submit their child's homeschool request and academic plan to:
Dartmouth Public Schools
Attn: Assistant Superintendent
8 Bush Street
Dartmouth, MA 02748
Or by email to: Nellie Affonso, Secretary to the Assistant Superintendent: email@example.com, subject line: home school request.
If you have any questions about our home schooling procedure, please contact the Assistant Superintendent's Office at 508-997-3391 x1109.